Let's shed some LIGHT on your NEW LED item from Good To Glow!
Batteries - May not be included (check the listings to see)
- Use the correct size battery.
- Make sure they are installed facing the correct way.
- They are new/fresh (Flat batteries will be dim or won't work)
Damage - Once the strip or string is broken everything past the break will not work. (read about care below)
Using - Read about the specific item you own below to make sure you don't damage the item(s)
Color Changing (RGB) strips - These strips have densely packed LED's that change color. These strips are best for solid items like illuminating bikes, hats or backlighting furniture. (Not good for bendable: see LED strings)
- This strip (tape) is limited in flexibility and doesn't do well to bending sideways, kinks and pulling.
- If it's damaged the flow of power will not move past the break. (Sometimes the LED's past the break will have different colors.
- These strips come with several controller options. If you have the Remote version do NOT loose the remote.
- Batteries - 9v or 12v - Depending on color, setting and brightness the amount of time they stay lit varies. 12V battery pack will be brighter and stay lit much longer than a 9V. For home use a wall power cord will never run flat.
- Always unplug the battery is you plan to leave it extended period of time. The battery will slowly drain if left plugged in.
- The silicon tube protecting the LED's from most weather, but DO NOT submerge in liquid. If water rests in the tube make sure it's removed and dry before turning on.
- The LED is cuttable every 3 diodes; All the LEDs past the cut will not work.
Micro LED Strings - Offered in 2 lengths 20 & 100 LED's these are solid colors, 1 tiny diode every 4 inches and are very flexible! Ideal for costume design that requires a lot of bending.