All Headdresses have a tiny Re-Chargeable Battery and On/Off Switch built in. Hidden from sight, they can be tough to locate at first, but once found they can easily be turned On and Off while wearing.
Built-in 3.7V Lithium Polymer Battery, Charging Port, 18" Charging Cable and Foam Headdress Holder.
How it Works!
When fully charged ALL our designs are designed to GLOW from Dusk Till Dawn on a single charge. Some stay lit longer but none less than 12 hours.
Locate the battery, charging port and power switch - Usually on the right side of the head, indicated by a removable hanging garment tag.
Charge the battery when you get it by plugging the cable into any powered USB, and the Mini USB into the Headdress port.
A RED light near the connection will indicate it's charging, BLUE when it's full.
Turn it On or Off by pressing the small round button on the battery and listen for the click.
To adjust the fit of your headpiece; untie the elastic strings in the back, place it loosely on your head and re-tie the strings to the desired fit. (This works best with someone helping)
Adding or removing padding can help improve the fit, and reshaping the leather is also an option. Read Tips Below
**Before you do any modification please contact us to ensure no damage to the structure or internal electronics.
Caring & Storing
- Always store your Head Art with a fully charged battery
- Don't crush, poke or bend the battery.
- Use two hands when plugging and unplugging the charging cable.
- Always turn off in a heavy rain or if the electronics get wet.
- Store on the foam stand or a mannequin to keep its shape and avoid damage.
- Never Bend or crush the feathers; Once the quill (center stem) of the feather breaks it can not be repaired. (replacing damaged feathers in TIPS)
- Keep it out of direct sunlight, keep it dry and avoid excessive temperatures (Like a hot car or trunk)
Tips & Troubleshooting
Wire Frame Bases - If the shape of the headpieces is off, light adjustments can be made by applying pressure and bending the wire inside the base.
- The leather headband can be a bit hard at first, but just like new shoes, they will loosen up with each wear. The pointed and curved edges can be rough at first and may require some custom fitting. Soaking the curved pointed edges in boiling water can loosen them enough to reshape. Let dry in the shape you want and retry the fit. Some customers have also had success with simply cutting off the ends of the pointed leather.
- ** We always suggest contacting us first to go over your options in detail!**
Trims/Rhinestones and other "extras"
Most of our pieces come with quite a few embellishments...and hey we know a lot can happen on those late nights...not to worry almost everything can be reattached or secured with our glue of choice E6000! You can buy small tubes from us or buy it at your local arts supply store. If you aren't sure, contact us!
It goes without saying that these are the most delicate part of your headpiece. Avoid getting them we (light mists should be fine but it's at your own risk) There should never be any weight put on the feathers. If they get misshapen in shipping or after a long night try steaming them and lightly reshaping them.
- If feathers come out you can reattach them with hot glue. Lost feathers? Contact us to see if we have any in stock for sale or we can order new ones and even re attache them for you as part of our maintenance program!
- Always store the feathers upright and when traveling with your headpiece we suggest using a box exclusively for this product to keep it safe. never try and jam it into a suitcase or collapsible bag where the feathers could snap.